Myth Debunked: Portion Size Doesn't Matter If You're Eating Healthy Foodby Carole Phillips on 10/15/13
The Truth: All foods have calories and all calories, whether they're healthy or not, count and add up! You still need to practice portion control whether you're eating a salad or a burger.
Familiarize yourself with what healthy portions look like:
- 1 cup of yogurt, cereal, soup or pasta is equal to the size of a baseball
- 3 oz. of most cooked meat is equivalent to a deck of cards
- 1 sandwith on regular sliced bread is equal to 2 decks of cards
- 3 oz of cooked fish is equal to the size of a checkbook
- 1 cup of lettuce or cooked veggies is about the size of a wine glass